Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Americana Red Cross PUG Dawg!


Like I said earlier, I wanted to make one more of these fabulous Americana Pug dawgs using that wonderful vintage childs shirt and vintage american flag textiles. I used the last of the original red trimmed textiles from the shirt and this is what I came up with for a dress.....it sooooo reminded me of an old nurse outfit so I gave her an original Red Cross pinkback from 1921! LOVE HER!
She of course, is made in honor of America's upcoming Independence Day!
Happy 4th of July America!!

*
This second dress that I made here I used part of a vintage childs top and a vintage american flag. I used the (2) red trimmed sleeve cuffs for her collar and a section of original buttons for the front as well as the back. A piece of the old blue faded fabric from the shirt to make my dress bodice. I used more red& white stripes from th vintage American Flag for the ruffle bottom of the dress and the blue & white stars part for a big bow on her head! I just love the colors on this piece and as with the first one I made, this outfit looks as if it could be totally original from 1921 ;)
*
She is for sale right now on ebay in case you want to see more pics & descriptions.

No comments: