Monday, October 26, 2009

Trash To Treasure

I just had to share this spectacular "trash to treasure" piece my gal pal sent me today. She is also another artsy-fartsy fanatic....she can make fabulous primitive dolls, rug hooking pieces & other needful prim things!


Well, she told me that she found this old ugly brass chandelier sitting along side a dumpster...basically a piece of junk to whomever was throwing it away....and yeah, to any ordinary person, it would be trash...but to all of us artsy-fartsy types, and yes admit it....we are not the ordinary, we consider this stuff ......GOLD! We think we found the perfect piece to turn into a treasure ......and it's FREE!


Here is the BEFORE :





And here is the AFTER:



WOW....she did a fabulous job refurbishing this old brass chandelier into an awesome treasure. She painted over the ugly brass with this wonderful orange color. She even took the old sleeves off, dripped hot glue down the sides and then painted them over with a cream color. So now it has that old dripping wax look....AWESOME! Her husband was even able to install it & put it on a dimmer switch too. She says it brings her tired dining room back to a stylish updated look. She replaced an old country blue light fixture she had for years, into this really cool eye popping piece.....and yup, the best part....she got it for FREE!

What an inspiration.....hmmmm now it's time to go DUMPSTER DIVING so I can find some really great trash and turn it into treasure. If you have any trash to treasure stories ....please post comments! Happy Hunting!



5 comments:

Anita said...

BRAVO! It brings so much warmth into that room. Nothing like a great find and the vision to give it new life...I guess they call that upcycleing now days.

Wendy said...

I think your right Anita! The new terminolgy the decorators use is "upcycleing" !! Or better yet, "going green" because we "reuse & recycle"...hahahahaha

Mare said...

I found 2 of my most favorite rocking chairs in the garbage! One man's trash is another man's treasure!

VALERIE said...

ON THE WAY TO THE POST TO GET A WHENDI'S BEAR I FOUND A WONDERFUL CHAIR....... MY HUSBAND CAME HOME AND HAD THAT TONE THE ONE WHEN YOU BUY SOMETHING NEW...HE SAID...I SEE YOU GOT A NEW CHAIR....I LAUGHED AND SAID I JUST GOT THAT OUT OF THE TRASH......LOL

Lana Manis said...

wow wendy ~ that chandelier is gorgeous!