Friday, October 19, 2007

You're Invited! Come and check it out......

Here Ye...Here Ye.... some news to share with you. I have just joined up on a very nice and filled with talent, website called American-Folk-Art.com !!
Consider yourself officially invited to come over there and shop or just browse.....its open all day and all night.....grab that cup of joe and enjoy!
Here are my 3 latest pieces I just put on AFA today.
If you are not familiar with this online site, well, you are in for a treat !

I decided to join the site because I wanted another alternative place where I could sell my folk art and not have to pay the OUTRAGEOUS fees that Ebay is charging!!! And any of you that sell continuously on ebay can attest to that....I mean, we could actually pay our monthly home morgage payment with the fees that they charge us!! No Joke!

Well, if you are considering another alternative online selling site to sell your art, then you should check this one out. The best part about this site is that you have entire control on what & when things get updated. You don't have to get just 1 update per month for your fee, you can update as many times as you want. If something sells, you mark it sold, you can take orders on items too. It also has a shopping cart feature like the Buy-it-Now that ebay offers. In addition, if something is a dud, then you can remove it and put something else up.

The only bad feature is that it only allows you one picture per item.......so what I did to compensate for that is create an html page on my website (very similar to an ebay auction template) put lots of pictures and lots of detail description about that item. This way people can get more info than what is displayed on the AFA page.
I'll be seeing ya there....
oops - here is the link:

6 comments:

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi Wendy, As always, I'm loving your work ~ those pups are just adorable! I checked out your new site your selling on, I think it's great!! I love all of the artists. Ebay seems to get you coming and going and then with Paypal fees, goodness, it just all adds up!
xxoo,
Dawn

SweetAnnee said...

Congrats Wendy!! I know you'll do well!! you have awesome talent!!
Deena

Diane Duda said...

That is a great site, Wendy! It's so easy to move from artist to artist and then stop to browse their items. And it's pretty. :)

Your listings are wonderful, as always.

Unknown said...

Love your critters!!
Good luck on AFA!!:o)

Suzanne said...

Hi Wendy~
This is great news!....I like this site because you can be your own shop keeper. Your "little critters" are so sweet!

Louise Peers said...

Hi Wendy ,
Just had a look at this new site ,its great,wish there was something like that for us Brits !! Do you think they take foriegners !! :)
Your black Elly is too die for ,so wish I had seen him when he was still for sale,
hugs,
Louise