Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Paint Pony Published!

A big congratulations goes out to my fellow friend bear/ mixed media artist Karen O'Brien.  Not only does she make amazing teddy bears but she also is a superb mixed media artist.  She can transform the ordinary into something extraordinary.....here is a perfect example.
 
 
 

She was inspired by my little painted pony and put her creative twist & talent into transforming what was once real ...into a now wonderfully adorable IMAGINARY ANIMAL!  And, of course, I was 100% behind her with this challenge.  I knew about it months ago and had my fingers crossed she would be chosen...and she was!

Her work has just been published in a new book called Drawing And Painting IMAGINARY ANIMALS by Carla Sonheim ....(hear crowd clapping and whistling).....

Now I must go out and get myself a copy of the book.   If you have not seen Karen's work then you must click on her link above and check out her blog, she is simply amazing!

3 comments:

Wish You Were Here Mom said...

Karen's art is breathtaking! I took an ATC class with her about 6 years ago. You must have been very honored that she chose your little pony for her submission! Congrats to both of you! Hugs, Janice

Carol Roll said...

Aww girl your work is very beautiful and inspiring! Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

Love the DT cards! Fib colors. Thank you for such a lovely challenge too Woo xxteddy bear