Thursday, October 18, 2012

More Zoey's UBER-Chic Loft pieces ........

 Thought I would share some samples of a few new (repurposed) pieces we have finished up and ready to bring to the new shop this weekend.  I'm in love with these new pieces too.  Seems everytime I make something new I just want to keep it ;)

Our newest piece (above) is what I am calling my repurposed French Industrial Foyer Message Center/Catch-all.  I wish I took a before picture of this very bland brown antique 3-mirror vanity.  I repainted in a wonderful old white and distressed it.  Painted the top surface old black and then we did chalkboard paint on the 2 side mirrors...and I had found an old black chair that I thought would match up really nice with this piece...and it does!  I distressed it the same as the vanity and kept the original black leather seat.  I LOVE this piece.....I think if my girls saw this they would want to trade it for the ones I already did for them ;)   
I repurposed a vintage lamp (rewired it too...yeah, I'm getting pretty good at that...hubby is an electrician and taught me what to do....he still rewires the hard ones though..LOL) ---- did a makeover on an old shade and now a great  French Industrial Light....

Here again, I did another one.....looks fab on the vanity piece..... oh and I'm doing pillows too.....

WOW....I LOVE this piece.....we found an old vintage trumpet that was kinda beat up but surprisingly still worked.  But not enough for somebody to still play.....soooooooo I had a grand idea of having hubby turn this into a light......  what a fab job he did......a really cool one-of-a-kind light.....


Here is a pictures of pieces stacking up in my studio waiting to go to the shop.....

Another makeover project...... it was a really nice barrel style solid PINK vintage hamper made of metal and wicker weaving  ..... I did a little of my distressing and repurposed it into a French Inspired Storage Seat or it could still be used as a hamper too ;) ....daughter saw this and really wanted it too....

Tried my hand at a little upholstery project..... wish I would have took a before of this bad boy..... it was a very ugly red/blue/brown check patterned ottoman on wheels with ruffled fabric at the bottom so you could not see the legs.  I knew I could do something with it.....so I took one of my vintage mineral fabric bags with really cool printed typography graphics and some original mending sections in it and created a cover. Then to make it look industrial I had to paint the wood part and then added handdyed vintage rivet type trim around the bottom edge.....WOW you really gotta see this it turned out fab.....

 

Another really cool piece.... I was told it was an antique smoking table.  I moved the things that were attached at the top so now you can put your coins in it (probably can't see that round wood thing screwed to the top) added a 1963 Vintage Texas licenses plate to the front and kept the original black & tan chipped paint patina....very cool piece to put next to the door and drop your mail, keys & coins when you get in...or a really neat accent table............

Another accent side table with a metal base.  This started as a plain black trunk, I added the vintage leather horse reins for straps and then found a metal base from another ugly table and put it on this.....a great place to put magazines & newpapers.......

And last but not least.... this started as a leather suitcase with lots of character.....hubby put these found vintage mid-century danish legs on it to create a really unique one-of-a-kind coffee table for end table.....
 
Thanks for looking at some more of my work.......these are all for sale and will be in my shop located INSIDE a co-op antique shop called Liberty Hollow located at 4975 W. Ridge Rd (rt 104), Spencerport, NY  .... which is in ROCHESTER NEW YORK.

2 comments:

Jarvie said...

Very cool stuff! Love the trumpet lamp! : )

sharon's shabby creations said...

It's a pitty that i life in the netherlands!! if i lived ad your place i would stop by every week!!

Lost of succes with your new furniture!!

Hugs Sharon