Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Show Previews.....

 I know that you probably think that all I make is soft sculpture collectible art pieces such as teddy bears, dogs, ellyfonts, etc........  but not so..... 




 
My husband and I (and our little helper Zoey!) also dabble in repurposing old antique or vintage forgotten items into fresh new things for your home, office and studio spaces..... such as these antique & vintage wood beds into beautiful benches,  often times using reclaimed barn boards for the seats!  These are simply stunning and he makes them extremely sturdy....not some rickety job that will fall apart if you actually use them ;)
 I loved the old chippy white paint on this twin size bed when we found it ..... I told hubby he had to leave it just the way it was and incorporate his work keeping this awesome patina for the bench.....I absolutely love it !!!......  This is just one of the pieces that will be for sale at the Folk Art Festival show in October ......and Ladies....just so you know.... this size bench would fit right into a minivan or SUV to take it home...also might just fit into the backseat of your car too.....LOL! 
This one is gorgeous....and is a double size...reclaimed barn board for the seat...just stunning.  I can see an antique quilt or coverlet draped over the back with perhaps a pillow to invite you to sit.  Perfect for a hallway or entryway to put shoes on etc.....even on a covered porch like I have pictured here. So many possibilities....will be at the show too....



 And this cutie patootie has a more "clean finish" for that person who prefers the less worn & primitive look..... or perhaps you may like to "distress" this piece to your liking.....I love the antique bed finials and design on this piece!  It's the same design as the chippy white one...but this bed did not have a favorable finish to keep....she needed paint.
 
Well, I just wanted to introduce to you some more items that will be available at the show other than my "normal" work.  We are hoping to bring a big variety of vintage, antique, handmade and repurposed items.... and as time permits, I will try to post preview items that will be available at the show.
 
So I hope to see you there.....the information about the show is located on the top right side of my blog ..... don't forget to go to the webite and print out the coupon to get an admission discount.

1 comment:

Wish You Were Here Mom said...

They are all wonderful, Whendi! You and your husband must have so much fun creating! xxxx, Janice