Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A "Semi-Naked" Old Clown Bear !

I have been told by many, that I have this creative "knack" at seeing potential in wierd random items (ie. 'findings') that are no longer used as their original purpose....this is also called "re-purposing"). It's when you look at things, and your brain just ignites immediately thinking .....WHAT CAN I POSSIBLY DO WITH THAT?! I know alot of artists are "blessed" with this sort of ...curse, shall I say.....LOL...because it never SHUTS OFF! And if you have this curse...then you know what I mean...ackk!Well, I would like to share one of those "random re-purposed" moments here with my newest little simple semi-naked clown bear. I'm talking about his hat and ruff. I made his hat from a vintage cork lined bottle cap & an old little wooden knobby thingy.......figured out how I was going to put them together without glue, because I don't want it to fall apart, and strung it into a little clown hat! Way cool and definately a one-of-a-kind. Then for his ruff, I'm always using vintage materials, but this time I had an antique old faded red hunting vest that I took apart and used the wonderful materials.....what great patina on this fabric scrap :)
If you are blessed with this curse, please do share what you created....I would love to hear about it :)
*
Anyhow, I have this little guy for sale right now on ebay if you want to see all sorts of pictures.....just click on my ebay button on the sidebar to get there.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the repurposing here :)

And this little guy gets the 'least scary clown' award... I've never wanted to snuggle a clown so much!