Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Altered Art...Mixed Media...Steampunk Art....


I really don't know what to call my newest pieces that I made? I made one for The Primitive Gathering and now I have another original piece of art to offer ...... I currently have her on ebay as a 3-day auction in case you want to see a bunch more pictures and details.....




You know, every once in awhile, an artist has to change up their work, yet still remain true to their style. Otherwise you get what is called "burnout"..... you all know what I'm talkin' about. I'm sure most of you have been there and back...it ain't pretty!
Well, I believe I'm one of those artists that has to change up the things that I am working on or I go crazy. There are so many ideas bouncing around in my head that just have to be designed or created....and I love working with different materials and vintage finds to come up with a really great piece of art.

Since I'm totally THINKING SPRING right now....I have my flower head folks on my brain and thinking of ways to work them into really cool pieces.......I did it these designs using vintage bottles and other vintage finds.
Here is one piece that I am truly smitten with and thought I would share. I thought I would do this one with a Cream On Cream color scheme because I know that there are alot of people who collect and decorate with just the cream & white colors!
You can go to the ebay link to read about all the wonderful vintage materials that I used....plus her bidding doesn't end until Friday.




3 comments:

LoveThePrimLook said...

I love it !!!

Angie

Carolee said...

Just discovered your blog - what a delight! LOVE your work!

~ Carolee

bili said...

Аленький цветочек прямо! :)